FAQs & Cancellation Policy
What types of facials do you offer? Do I choose what type of treatment I receive?
- At Faced The Facial Studio, our service menu is simple: you choose either a 30 minute facial or a 50 minute facial.
- Once you are in the treatment room, your esthetician will analyze your skin in order to customize your treatment to your needs.
- All modalities are included in the flat cost of the facial. You will never be up-charged.
- A 30 minute facial typically includes up to one modality.
- A 50 minute facial typically includes up to two modalities.
- While you can certainly make requests for your service to include a particular modality, your esthetician will determine what your skin needs and make a final decision on the course of treatment.
- We treat clients 13 or older. Clients under the age of 18 years old must have a parent or guardian’s consent to be treated.
- Absolutely! Our experienced estheticians will follow pregnancy-safe protocols. Please make sure to note in your Intake Form that you are pregnant.
Please make sure to follow the steps below:
Stop the use of Retin-A, Renova, Adapalene, BHAs, AHAs, or any other intensive prescribed exfoliating products 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment.
If you have been on Accutane, you must wait 8 months after stopping use to receive a facial.
If you plan to get Botox or fillers, do so at least two weeks before your facial.
If you’ve had any recent facial trauma/surgery, you must wait 5 months before getting a facial.
Avoid steam rooms 48 hours before your appointment and 48 hours after your appointment to reduce any inflammation.
If you plan to work-out before a facial, do so 2-3 hours prior to your appointment; workouts can increase the core temperature of your body which may cause the skin to be more reactive to certain treatments.
If you have any open wounds, contagious conditions, or cold sores, please wait until they are healed to get a facial.
Avoid waxing, shaving, tweezing, harsh exfoliation, excessive sun exposure, lash extensions, and abrasive tools 48-72 hours before your facial.
After your facial, avoid direct sun exposure, steam rooms, excessive heat, abrasive facial tools, exfoliation, active ingredients, and waxing or hair removal for 24-48 hours. Please also follow the post-treatment advice your esthetician provides.
- Yes! Getting regular facials is the best way to ensure your skin always looks its best, so we offer discounted service and product rates to clients who commit to returning regularly. Read about our membership program here.
- You book the same way you would book a single facial service. Follow the steps here.
- At the end of your online booking, the booking service will request your credit card information. Only a holding charge will be placed on your card; you will not be charged for your service when you book.
- You will be charged each month on the same date you originally purchased the membership.
If I have a membership, can I pause my membership if I can't use it for a period of time?
- Yes, you can pause your membership one time per year (twelve month period from date of initial purchase) for a one, two, or three month period. You must notify the studio in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 hours in advance of your next monthly membership charge in order to pause it.
If I have a membership, may I rollover my unused voucher into the next month?
- You may rollover an unused membership voucher one time each twelve month period, as long as you notify the studio in writing (email@example.com) that you wish to do so at least 48 hours prior to the end of your billing cycle for the month.
- All other membership vouchers must be used within the monthly billing cycle and cannot be rolled over.
- Yes, you can purchase physical gift cards at the studio. Electronic gift cards can be purchased online through the “Book Now” page on our website.
- As a cash-free business, credit cards are the only form of payment we accept for services, products, and gratuity.
Cancellation Outside of 24 Hour Window
- No problem. If you would like to, reschedule for another time that works for you!
Cancellation Within 24 Hours of Scheduled Appointment
- We understand that sometimes unforeseen conflicts arise. We balance that with the fact that we also have a responsibility to our team to fill their calendars with appointments. If you need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours and haven’t done so before, we will not charge you. If you need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours and have done so before, your credit card on file will be charged $25 for a 30 minute facial cancellation or $45 for a 50 minute facial. If you reschedule your appointment within 14 days of the cancelled appointment, we will apply 50% of your cancellation fee to that appointment
- If you arrive within 5 minutes of your scheduled start time for a 30 minute facial, we will do an expedited facial. If you arrive within 20 minutes of your 50 minute facial start time, we will do an expedited facial. If you do not arrive within the prescribed times, we will charge the cancellation/no-show rate.
- If you do not show up for your appointment, your card on file will be charged $25 for a 30 minute facial or $45 for a 50 minute facial. That fee cannot be applied towards any future appointments.